Subcommittee Hearing - The State of the American Child: Securing Our Children’s Future
Subcommittee on Children and Families
Thursday, November 18 2010, 10:30 AM
430 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Witnessesreturn to top
Peter Edelman , Professor of Law, Georgetown Law Center and Faculty Co-Director, Georgetown Center on Poverty, Inequality, and Public Policy, Washington, D.C.
David Satcher, M.D., Ph.D. , Director, The Satcher Health Leadership Institute and Center of Excellence on Health Disparities, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Marian Wright Edelman , President, Children’s Defense Fund, Washington, D.C.
Jennifer Garner , Artist Ambassador, Save the Children, Los Angeles, CA
Helen Blank , Director, Leadership and Public Policy, National Women’s Law Center, Washington, D.C.
Michael Casserly, Ph.D. , Executive Director, Council of Great City Schools, Washington, D.C.
- Tennessee Senators, Representatives Ask for Details on Administration Medicare Policy that Violates Tennessee Law and Harms Tennessee Businesses [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Alexander Initiate Committee Investigation into Pension Lenders [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Alexander Initiate Committee Investigation into Pension Lenders [Chairman]
- Alexander Praises Tennessee Businesses’ Efforts to Improve Accessibility for Individuals with Disabilities [Ranking Member]
- Statement of Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) At the Aspen Institute Initiative on Financial Security: “Improving Retirement Security: Expanding Coverage to All Americans” [Chairman]