Subcommittee Hearing - The State of the American Child: Securing Our Children’s Future
Subcommittee on Children and Families
Thursday, November 18 2010, 10:30 AM
430 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Witnessesreturn to top
Peter Edelman , Professor of Law, Georgetown Law Center and Faculty Co-Director, Georgetown Center on Poverty, Inequality, and Public Policy, Washington, D.C.
David Satcher, M.D., Ph.D. , Director, The Satcher Health Leadership Institute and Center of Excellence on Health Disparities, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Marian Wright Edelman , President, Children’s Defense Fund, Washington, D.C.
Jennifer Garner , Artist Ambassador, Save the Children, Los Angeles, CA
Helen Blank , Director, Leadership and Public Policy, National Women’s Law Center, Washington, D.C.
Michael Casserly, Ph.D. , Executive Director, Council of Great City Schools, Washington, D.C.
- Alexander: Obama Administration’s Gainful Employment Regulation “Not the Way to Weed Out Bad Actors” [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Durbin, Murphy, Cummings on Department of Education's Final Gainful Employment Rule and For-Profit Task Force Announcement [Chairman]
- Harkin, Alexander Will Introduce Bipartisan Bill to Speed Development of Ebola Treatments [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Alexander Will Introduce Bipartisan Bill to Speed Development of Ebola Treatments [Chairman]
- Harkin Marks 20th Anniversary of Bill to Protect Consumers, Clarify Regulation for the Dietary Supplement Industry [Chairman]