Subcommittee Hearing - The State of the American Child: Securing Our Children’s Future
Subcommittee on Children and Families
Thursday, November 18 2010, 10:30 AM
430 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Witnessesreturn to top
Peter Edelman , Professor of Law, Georgetown Law Center and Faculty Co-Director, Georgetown Center on Poverty, Inequality, and Public Policy, Washington, D.C.
David Satcher, M.D., Ph.D. , Director, The Satcher Health Leadership Institute and Center of Excellence on Health Disparities, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Marian Wright Edelman , President, Children’s Defense Fund, Washington, D.C.
Jennifer Garner , Artist Ambassador, Save the Children, Los Angeles, CA
Helen Blank , Director, Leadership and Public Policy, National Women’s Law Center, Washington, D.C.
Michael Casserly, Ph.D. , Executive Director, Council of Great City Schools, Washington, D.C.
- On 24th ADA Anniversary, Harkin Reflects on Progress, Work Ahead to Ensure All Americans with Disabilities Have the Opportunity to Succeed [Chairman]
- Alexander: States are Leading in Higher Education Innovation, Washington Getting in the Way [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Miller, Franken: Five Years Since Last Minimum Wage Increase Has Meant $6 Billion Pay Cut for Low-Wage Workers [Chairman]
- Statement of Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) At the HELP Committee Hearing: “The Role of States in Higher Education” [Chairman]
- HELP Committee Approves Seven Bipartisan Bills, Builds on Record of Accomplishments [Chairman]