Federal Judge Strikes Down Healthcare Law
Monday, January 31, 2011HELP Press Office (202) 224-6770
Washington, D.C. – Senator Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Ranking Member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee (HELP), voiced his support for the decision made today by U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson declaring the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act unconstitutional:
“Today, twenty-six states took the nation one step closer to reclaiming the freedoms afforded by the Constitution,” Enzi said today.
Judge Vinson’s decision declaring the entire health law unconstitutional aligns with the concerns held by a majority of Americans, and builds upon Judge Hudson’s decision in December declaring the individual mandate unconstitutional.
Enzi is an original cosponsor of the American Liberty Restoration Act, which would repeal the individual mandate. In his role as Ranking Member of the HELP Committee, Enzi has highlighted flaws in the new law that will increase premiums and reduce choices for consumers.
“Judge Vinson’s decision moves us one step closer to allowing Americans to keep the plans they have and preventing the higher insurance premiums that will result from this deeply flawed law.” Enzi said.
- Congressional Authors Of E-Cigarette Marketing Report Call New CDC Data “the Sound Of An Alarm” [Chairman]
- Barrasso, Alexander: Americans Deserve to See New, Accurate Obamacare Enrollment Data [Ranking Member]
- Alexander Statement on Obama Administration Announcement on Contraception Mandate [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Murray Announce Release of New GAO Report on Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program [Chairman]
- Senators Release Discussion Draft of Bill to Speed FDA Review of Life-Saving Sunscreen Ingredients [Chairman]
- Senators Release Discussion Draft of Bill to Speed FDA Review of Life-Saving Sunscreen Ingredients [Ranking Member]