Federal Judge Strikes Down Healthcare Law
Monday, January 31, 2011HELP Press Office (202) 224-6770
Washington, D.C. – Senator Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Ranking Member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee (HELP), voiced his support for the decision made today by U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson declaring the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act unconstitutional:
“Today, twenty-six states took the nation one step closer to reclaiming the freedoms afforded by the Constitution,” Enzi said today.
Judge Vinson’s decision declaring the entire health law unconstitutional aligns with the concerns held by a majority of Americans, and builds upon Judge Hudson’s decision in December declaring the individual mandate unconstitutional.
Enzi is an original cosponsor of the American Liberty Restoration Act, which would repeal the individual mandate. In his role as Ranking Member of the HELP Committee, Enzi has highlighted flaws in the new law that will increase premiums and reduce choices for consumers.
“Judge Vinson’s decision moves us one step closer to allowing Americans to keep the plans they have and preventing the higher insurance premiums that will result from this deeply flawed law.” Enzi said.
- Alexander Statement on NLRB General Counsel’s “Joint Employer” Complaints Against McDonald’s [Ranking Member]
- Kline, Alexander Respond to Administration’s College Ratings Proposal [Ranking Member]
- Chairman Harkin: HELP Committee Completes Bipartisan Success in 113th Congress by Sending 26th Bill to President’s Desk [Chairman]
- Harkin, Alexander, HELP Committee Members Urge Continued Prescription Drug Abuse Work [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Alexander, HELP Committee Members Urge Continued Prescription Drug Abuse Work [Chairman]
- Alexander Opposes Obama Nominee for Surgeon General [Ranking Member]