Harkin to Kick Off Families USA’s 16th Annual Health Action Conference on Thursday
Tuesday, January 25, 2011Justine Sessions (202)-224-3254
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA), Chairman of the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, will be the opening speaker at the Families USA’s 16th Annual Health Action Conference, which begins this Thursday, January 27 at 8:30am. The conference, which is expected to draw more than 800 health care advocates from around the country, runs from Thursday, Jan. 27, through Saturday, Jan. 29, at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Other noteworthy figures expected to speak at the conference include President Barack Obama, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, other members of Congress and leaders in the health community. Harkin will begin speaking at 8:30am as part of the Opening Plenary session titled “Implementation Challenges and Opportunities for the Coming Year”. All plenary sessions are open to the press.
WHAT: Senator Harkin to deliver kick off speech at Families USA’s 16th Annual Health Action Conference
WHEN: Thursday, January 27, 8:30AM
WHERE: Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, 400 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.
- Murray, Democrats Urge Implementation of Executive Order to Protect Worker Rights [Ranking Member]
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION: Murray Amendment to Expand Early Learning Blocked by Senate Republicans [Ranking Member]
- Murray Amendment to Expand Access to Paid Sick Days Passes Senate with Strong Bipartisan Support [Ranking Member]
- Alexander, Murray Introduce Budget Amendment to Ensure Cutting-Edge Medical Treatments Reach American Patients [Chairman]
- Murray Cosponsors Paycheck Fairness Act to Help End Wage Discrimination [Ranking Member]
- Alexander Votes to Make it Simpler, Easier for Students to Repay Loans [Chairman]