Harkin to Kick Off Families USA’s 16th Annual Health Action Conference on Thursday
Tuesday, January 25, 2011Justine Sessions (202)-224-3254
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA), Chairman of the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, will be the opening speaker at the Families USA’s 16th Annual Health Action Conference, which begins this Thursday, January 27 at 8:30am. The conference, which is expected to draw more than 800 health care advocates from around the country, runs from Thursday, Jan. 27, through Saturday, Jan. 29, at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Other noteworthy figures expected to speak at the conference include President Barack Obama, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, other members of Congress and leaders in the health community. Harkin will begin speaking at 8:30am as part of the Opening Plenary session titled “Implementation Challenges and Opportunities for the Coming Year”. All plenary sessions are open to the press.
WHAT: Senator Harkin to deliver kick off speech at Families USA’s 16th Annual Health Action Conference
WHEN: Thursday, January 27, 8:30AM
WHERE: Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, 400 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.
- Alexander Statement on NLRB General Counsel’s “Joint Employer” Complaints Against McDonald’s [Ranking Member]
- Kline, Alexander Respond to Administration’s College Ratings Proposal [Ranking Member]
- Chairman Harkin: HELP Committee Completes Bipartisan Success in 113th Congress by Sending 26th Bill to President’s Desk [Chairman]
- Harkin, Alexander, HELP Committee Members Urge Continued Prescription Drug Abuse Work [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Alexander, HELP Committee Members Urge Continued Prescription Drug Abuse Work [Chairman]
- Alexander Opposes Obama Nominee for Surgeon General [Ranking Member]