Harkin, Enzi Announce FDA User Fee Committee Print
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
WASHINGTON – Senators Tom Harkin (D-IA) and Mike Enzi (R-WY), Chairman and Ranking Member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, today announced the release of the Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act Committee Print that will be considered at next Wednesday’s Committee markup.
“This document represents a strong, bipartisan step towards the authorization of critically important legislation to ensure that the FDA can approve drugs, medical devices, generic drugs and biosimilars. Failure to reauthorize the current user fee programs in a timely way threatens biomedical industry jobs, patient access to new therapies, and America’s global leadership in biomedical innovation.
“We are continuing to work with our colleagues on the Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act, the Pediatric Research Equity Act, and the Pediatric Medical Device Safety and Improvement Act. These are vital pediatrics laws that have improved the safety and efficacy of drugs for millions of children and have stimulated the development of pediatric medical devices, and we are committed to their reauthorization.”
- Harkin Statement on HELP Committee Approval of a Full Slate of Five Nominees to the NLRB [Chairman]
- Harkin Statement on HELP Committee Passage of the Pharmaceutical Compounding Quality and Accountability Act and the Drug Supply Chain Security Act [Chairman]
- Harkin, Alexander, Roberts, Franken Release Report Outlining Urgent Need for Clear Regulatory Guidelines of Drug Compounders as Committee Approves Legislation [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Alexander, Roberts, Franken Release Report Outlining Urgent Need for Clear Regulatory Guidelines of Drug Compounders as Committee Approves Legislation [Chairman]
- Tennessee Senators, Representatives Ask for Details on Administration Medicare Policy that Violates Tennessee Law and Harms Tennessee Businesses [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Alexander Initiate Committee Investigation into Pension Lenders [Ranking Member]