Harkin Statement on Confirmation of Five Nominees to the NLRB
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C.—U.S. Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA), Chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee, released the following statement today after the Senate confirmed five nominees to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). The HELP Committee held confirmation hearings for the nominees in May and earlier this month.
“For the first time in more than a decade, the National Labor Relations Board will be fully-confirmed and fully-functional. This is tremendous news for our economy and for workers and businesses alike. These five nominees bring diverse backgrounds and qualifications to the Board, and I am confident that each will serve the Board well.
“The time has come to start a new chapter for the NLRB. It’s time to ratchet down the political rhetoric that has recently haunted this agency, and let the dedicated public servants who work there do their jobs. Indeed, I hope today’s votes mark a new beginning for the Board. A revitalized NLRB is a critical part of our continued efforts to rebuild a strong economy and a strong middle class.”
- Congressional Authors Of E-Cigarette Marketing Report Call New CDC Data “the Sound Of An Alarm” [Chairman]
- Barrasso, Alexander: Americans Deserve to See New, Accurate Obamacare Enrollment Data [Ranking Member]
- Alexander Statement on Obama Administration Announcement on Contraception Mandate [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Murray Announce Release of New GAO Report on Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program [Chairman]
- Senators Release Discussion Draft of Bill to Speed FDA Review of Life-Saving Sunscreen Ingredients [Chairman]
- Senators Release Discussion Draft of Bill to Speed FDA Review of Life-Saving Sunscreen Ingredients [Ranking Member]