Harkin Statement on Confirmation of Five Nominees to the NLRB
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C.—U.S. Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA), Chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee, released the following statement today after the Senate confirmed five nominees to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). The HELP Committee held confirmation hearings for the nominees in May and earlier this month.
“For the first time in more than a decade, the National Labor Relations Board will be fully-confirmed and fully-functional. This is tremendous news for our economy and for workers and businesses alike. These five nominees bring diverse backgrounds and qualifications to the Board, and I am confident that each will serve the Board well.
“The time has come to start a new chapter for the NLRB. It’s time to ratchet down the political rhetoric that has recently haunted this agency, and let the dedicated public servants who work there do their jobs. Indeed, I hope today’s votes mark a new beginning for the Board. A revitalized NLRB is a critical part of our continued efforts to rebuild a strong economy and a strong middle class.”
- Harkin Statement on Confirmation of Chai Feldblum to Continue as Commissioner at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission [Chairman]
- Statement of Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) At the HELP Committee Hearing: “Accreditation as Quality Assurance: Meeting the Needs of 21st Century Learning” [Chairman]
- Statement by Senator Tom Harkin: "We Must Extend Unemployment Insurance" [Chairman]
- Senator Harkin's Remarks at the Center for American Progress Action Fund, "How the Federal Contracting System Harms Workers and Taxpayers" [Chairman]
- Harkin Unveils HELP Committee Investigation Revealing Widespread Labor Law Violations Among Major Government Contractors [Chairman]
- Statement of Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) At the HELP Committee Hearing: “Nomination of Dr. David Weil to Serve as Administrator of the Wage and Hour Division, Department of Labor” [Chairman]