Send Bills Through Committee to Find Bipartisan Student Loan Fix
Wednesday, May 09, 2012Joe Brenckle 202-224-2465
WASHINGTON, D.C. – During a debate today on addressing rising student loan interest rates, Senator Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Ranking Member on the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, said if the Senate was serious about finding bipartisan solutions to the student loan issue, its leaders should send the legislation through the appropriate committee to get a bill everyone could agree on.
Click to watch Senator Enzi’s statement on the student loan issue.
# # #
- Harkin Statement on House Vote That Would Make College More Expensive for Millions of American Students [Chairman]
- Harkin Reintroduces FIT Kids Act to Combat Childhood Obesity and Promote Physical Activity [Chairman]
- Alexander Opposes Nominees to NLRB Who Remained on Board After Court Found Their Appointments Unconstitutional [Ranking Member]
- Senate Health Committee Passes Alexander and Colleagues’ Bill to Fix Responsibility for Safety of Sterile Compounded Drugs [Ranking Member]
- Harkin Statement on HELP Committee Approval of a Full Slate of Five Nominees to the NLRB [Chairman]
- Harkin Statement on HELP Committee Passage of the Pharmaceutical Compounding Quality and Accountability Act and the Drug Supply Chain Security Act [Chairman]