Send Bills Through Committee to Find Bipartisan Student Loan Fix
Wednesday, May 09, 2012Joe Brenckle 202-224-2465
WASHINGTON, D.C. – During a debate today on addressing rising student loan interest rates, Senator Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Ranking Member on the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, said if the Senate was serious about finding bipartisan solutions to the student loan issue, its leaders should send the legislation through the appropriate committee to get a bill everyone could agree on.
Click to watch Senator Enzi’s statement on the student loan issue.
# # #
- Harkin Statement on Menu Labeling Rule Announced by White House [Chairman]
- Harkin, Alexander: One Year Anniversary of Major HELP Committee Legislation to Better Secure the Nation’s Drug Supply [Chairman]
- Alexander Report Finds EEOC Missteps Costing Taxpayers and Victims of Workplace Discrimination [Ranking Member]
- Harkin Applauds Senate Passage of Bipartisan Infant Health Bill [Chairman]
- Senior Lawmakers Introduce Sweeping Reforms to Black Lung Benefits Program [Chairman]
- HELP Chairman Harkin Unveils Bill to Reauthorize Higher Education Act [Chairman]