World AIDS Day Offers Opportunity to Renew Global Commitment
Wednesday, December 01, 2010HELP Press Office (202) 224-3290
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee Ranking Member Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.) today marked the 22nd annual World AIDS Day by urging global partners, and members of Congress to renew their commitment to ending this devastating epidemic.
“On this World AIDS Day, we recognize the hard work and dedication of the millions of people around the globe fighting this devastating disease. At home and abroad, we must live up to our commitment to provide life-saving treatment to the individuals with HIV/AIDS. Today there are over 4,100 Americans on patient waiting lists and that is unacceptable. It is our responsibility to find a permanent solution to eliminating waiting lists once and for all,” Enzi said.
“The fight against this global epidemic requires the commitment of every nation. We have made progress, and we must not waver in our response. I look forward to working with my colleagues in the next Congress to dramatically improve our domestic and international response to HIV/AIDS. I am open to all ideas to find a permanent fix to AIDS Drug Assistance Program waiting lists and I hope that we can put aside politics to find a solution to this life threatening problem,” concluded Enzi.
- BIPARTISAN NCLB FIX PASSES SENATE COMMITTEE: Murray Calls for Continued Bipartisan Work to Move Bill Through Senate, Get Signed into Law [Ranking Member]
- Alexander: Unanimous Committee Passage of Bipartisan Agreement to Fix No Child Left Behind Shows Consensus on Urgent Need to Fix the Law and How to Fix It [Chairman]
- Murray Amendment to Support Schools Following Traumatic Events Passes HELP Committee [Ranking Member]
- Murray Amendment to Improve and Expand Early Learning Passes HELP Committee [Ranking Member]
- Alexander Votes to End Threat of Payment Cuts to Doctors Who Serve Medicare Patients [Chairman]
- Senate, House Leaders Continue Fight Against Ambush Union Elections [Chairman]