Senator Enzi Releases New Edition of Accessibility Guide
Wednesday, August 25, 2010Craig Orfield (202) 224-6770
Washington, D.C. – In recognition of the 20th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, U.S. Senator Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Ranking Member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, today has published an updated version of his Accessibility Manual - a comprehensive guide to providing Senate offices and constituents with valuable information on accessibility throughout the U.S. Capitol Complex.
“This third edition of the manual builds on the important work done in the previous editions, and includes the most recent and accurate information on accessibility services provided on Capitol Hill,” Enzi said.
Enzi emphasized that the updated manual includes a variety of ideas and suggestions to help address the needs of staff, constituents and visitors with accessibility needs, including: basic rules of etiquette; locations of accessible routes and entrances; accessible room design; and emergency evacuation procedures.
“This manual will assist Congressional offices in preparing a more comfortable, informative and enjoyable visit for both constituents and visitors,” Enzi said. “I hope all staff will feel free to use this manual as they develop policies and procedures for accommodating individuals with accessibility needs, whether they are visiting our nation’s capital or working in a Congressional office.”
- Congressional Authors Of E-Cigarette Marketing Report Call New CDC Data “the Sound Of An Alarm” [Chairman]
- Barrasso, Alexander: Americans Deserve to See New, Accurate Obamacare Enrollment Data [Ranking Member]
- Alexander Statement on Obama Administration Announcement on Contraception Mandate [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Murray Announce Release of New GAO Report on Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program [Chairman]
- Senators Release Discussion Draft of Bill to Speed FDA Review of Life-Saving Sunscreen Ingredients [Chairman]
- Senators Release Discussion Draft of Bill to Speed FDA Review of Life-Saving Sunscreen Ingredients [Ranking Member]