Senator Enzi Releases New Edition of Accessibility Guide
Wednesday, August 25, 2010Craig Orfield (202) 224-6770
Washington, D.C. – In recognition of the 20th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, U.S. Senator Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Ranking Member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, today has published an updated version of his Accessibility Manual - a comprehensive guide to providing Senate offices and constituents with valuable information on accessibility throughout the U.S. Capitol Complex.
“This third edition of the manual builds on the important work done in the previous editions, and includes the most recent and accurate information on accessibility services provided on Capitol Hill,” Enzi said.
Enzi emphasized that the updated manual includes a variety of ideas and suggestions to help address the needs of staff, constituents and visitors with accessibility needs, including: basic rules of etiquette; locations of accessible routes and entrances; accessible room design; and emergency evacuation procedures.
“This manual will assist Congressional offices in preparing a more comfortable, informative and enjoyable visit for both constituents and visitors,” Enzi said. “I hope all staff will feel free to use this manual as they develop policies and procedures for accommodating individuals with accessibility needs, whether they are visiting our nation’s capital or working in a Congressional office.”
- Sen. Murray, Rep. Scott, Democratic Lawmakers Defend Basic Protections for Home Care Workers [Ranking Member]
- Murray on House Pulling Partisan ESEA Reauthorization Bill [Ranking Member]
- Murray on Higher Ed: Expand Access, Reduce Crushing Student Loan Burden, and Ensure a Safe Learning Environment [Ranking Member]
- Alexander: Bipartisan Report Finding Colleges in a Jungle of Red Tape Shows “Sloppy, Inefficient Government that Wastes Money, Hurts Students, Discourages Productivity and Impedes Research" [Chairman]
- Alexander Cosponsors Rubio Bill to Allow Employers to Give Unionized Employees Raises for Performance [Chairman]
- Murray, DeLauro Introduce Healthy Families Act [Ranking Member]