Senator Enzi Releases New Edition of Accessibility Guide
Wednesday, August 25, 2010Craig Orfield (202) 224-6770
Washington, D.C. – In recognition of the 20th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, U.S. Senator Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Ranking Member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, today has published an updated version of his Accessibility Manual - a comprehensive guide to providing Senate offices and constituents with valuable information on accessibility throughout the U.S. Capitol Complex.
“This third edition of the manual builds on the important work done in the previous editions, and includes the most recent and accurate information on accessibility services provided on Capitol Hill,” Enzi said.
Enzi emphasized that the updated manual includes a variety of ideas and suggestions to help address the needs of staff, constituents and visitors with accessibility needs, including: basic rules of etiquette; locations of accessible routes and entrances; accessible room design; and emergency evacuation procedures.
“This manual will assist Congressional offices in preparing a more comfortable, informative and enjoyable visit for both constituents and visitors,” Enzi said. “I hope all staff will feel free to use this manual as they develop policies and procedures for accommodating individuals with accessibility needs, whether they are visiting our nation’s capital or working in a Congressional office.”
- Alexander Statement on NLRB General Counsel’s “Joint Employer” Complaints Against McDonald’s [Ranking Member]
- Kline, Alexander Respond to Administration’s College Ratings Proposal [Ranking Member]
- Chairman Harkin: HELP Committee Completes Bipartisan Success in 113th Congress by Sending 26th Bill to President’s Desk [Chairman]
- Harkin, Alexander, HELP Committee Members Urge Continued Prescription Drug Abuse Work [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Alexander, HELP Committee Members Urge Continued Prescription Drug Abuse Work [Chairman]
- Alexander Opposes Obama Nominee for Surgeon General [Ranking Member]