MEDIA ADVISORY: Senate and House to File Challenge to NLRB’s Ambush Election Rules on Thursday
Wednesday, February 15, 2012Joe Brenckle 202-224-2465
WASHINGTON, D.C. — On Thursday, February 16 at 3:45pm in the Senate Radio-TV Gallery, members of the House and Senate will file a challenge to National Labor Relations Board’s (NLRB) recent ambush election rules.
Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee Ranking Member Mike Enzi (R-WY) and Representative Phil Gingrey (R-GA) will join House Education and the Workforce Committee Chairman John Kline (R-MN), Senate Subcommitttee on Employment and Workplace Safety Ranking Member Johnny Isakson (R-GA), and House Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor and, Pensions Chairman Phil Roe (R-TN) to announce the introduction of Resolutions of Disapproval in both the Senate and House on the NLRB’s new rules.
WHO: Senator Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.)
Representative John Kline (R-Minn.)
Senator Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.)
Representative Phil Roe (R-Tenn.)
Representative Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.)
WHAT: Senate and House Challenge of NLRB’s Ambush Election Rules
WHERE: Senate Radio and TV Gallery (S-325) in the Capitol
WHEN: 3:45pm - Thursday, February 16, 2012
The Congressional Review Act (CRA) allows either the Senate or the House to introduce a Resolution of Disapproval with the full force of law to stop a federal agency from implementing a recent rule or regulation. A Resolution of Disapproval introduced under the CRA cannot be filibustered and needs only a simple majority in the Senate to pass if acted upon during a 60-day window.
# # #
- Alexander Praises Tennessee Businesses’ Efforts to Improve Accessibility for Individuals with Disabilities [Ranking Member]
- Statement of Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) At the Aspen Institute Initiative on Financial Security: “Improving Retirement Security: Expanding Coverage to All Americans” [Chairman]
- Senate, House Republicans Call on GAO to Investigate Sec. Sebelius’s Solicitation of Funds for Private Non-Profit [Ranking Member]
- Alexander Opposes Nominations of “Unconstitutional Appointees” to NLRB [Ranking Member]
- Alexander Opposes Nominee for Labor Secretary [Ranking Member]
- Statement of Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) at the HELP Committee Hearing: “National Labor Relations Board Nominations” [Chairman]