VIDEO: FDA Reauthorization Bill is “Must Pass” Legislation
Tuesday, May 22, 2012Joe Brenckle 202-224-2465
WASHINGTON, D.C. – During remarks made in support of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) User Fee Reauthorization Bill (S. 3187), Senator Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Ranking Member on the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, said this legislation represents a strong bipartisan approach in making important changes to how FDA does business and is “must pass” legislation.
“I’m so pleased that this bill has gone through the committee. We have a very bipartisan approach on the bill and a very reasonable way to do it,” said Senator Enzi. “This legislation will allow Americans to get better access to safe, innovative medical devices. The bill will also modernize how FDA prioritizes and targets riskier overseas facilities, improve how FDA regulates medical devices and reverse the threats of patient access to new therapies.”
Click on the picture to watch Senator Enzi’s Opening Statement
“Chairman Harkin and I have worked very hard to make this bill as bipartisan and noncontroversial as possible,”Senator Enzi said. “We tried to avoid controversy because we understand that this bill needs to get done.”
# # #
Senator Enzi’s full remarks can be found here.
- Kirk, Feinstein, Alexander, Bennet Introduces Bill to Expand Charter School Access and Opportunity [Chairman]
- Alexander to Meet with White House on Precision Medicine Initiative [Chairman]
- House and Senate Committee Leaders Press Administration on HealthCare.gov Security [Chairman]
- Led by Murray and Sanders, 26 Senators Urge President Obama to Help Workers Get Paid Fairly for Overtime Hours [Ranking Member]
- Alexander, Burr Release “Innovation for Healthier Americans” Report [Chairman]
- Murray: Wellness Programs Improve Health for Workers, Build on Affordable Care Act Progress [Ranking Member]