VIDEO: FDA Reauthorization Bill is “Must Pass” Legislation
Tuesday, May 22, 2012Joe Brenckle 202-224-2465
WASHINGTON, D.C. – During remarks made in support of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) User Fee Reauthorization Bill (S. 3187), Senator Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Ranking Member on the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, said this legislation represents a strong bipartisan approach in making important changes to how FDA does business and is “must pass” legislation.
“I’m so pleased that this bill has gone through the committee. We have a very bipartisan approach on the bill and a very reasonable way to do it,” said Senator Enzi. “This legislation will allow Americans to get better access to safe, innovative medical devices. The bill will also modernize how FDA prioritizes and targets riskier overseas facilities, improve how FDA regulates medical devices and reverse the threats of patient access to new therapies.”
Click on the picture to watch Senator Enzi’s Opening Statement
“Chairman Harkin and I have worked very hard to make this bill as bipartisan and noncontroversial as possible,”Senator Enzi said. “We tried to avoid controversy because we understand that this bill needs to get done.”
# # #
Senator Enzi’s full remarks can be found here.
- Harkin Statement On CDC Announcement of Ebola Case in Texas [Chairman]
- Alexander: Study Shows Double-Digit Obamacare Premium Increases in Store for Tennesseans in 2015 [Ranking Member]
- Alexander Praises Nashville-Based HCA Healthcare for $1 Million Donation to Respond to Ebola Epidemic [Ranking Member]
- Democratic House, Senate Leaders Release New Report Identifying Hundreds of Tobacco, E-Cigarette Ads and Images in Magazines with High Teen Readership [Chairman]
- Hatch, Alexander Highlight GAO Report Confirming Need for Additional Oversight of Department of Labor Grants [Ranking Member]
- Alexander: Vanderbilt Ebola Researchers, State Health Experts “Ready to Run Toward the Flames with Fireproof Suits On” [Ranking Member]