VIDEO: FDA Reauthorization Bill is “Must Pass” Legislation
Tuesday, May 22, 2012Joe Brenckle 202-224-2465
WASHINGTON, D.C. – During remarks made in support of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) User Fee Reauthorization Bill (S. 3187), Senator Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Ranking Member on the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, said this legislation represents a strong bipartisan approach in making important changes to how FDA does business and is “must pass” legislation.
“I’m so pleased that this bill has gone through the committee. We have a very bipartisan approach on the bill and a very reasonable way to do it,” said Senator Enzi. “This legislation will allow Americans to get better access to safe, innovative medical devices. The bill will also modernize how FDA prioritizes and targets riskier overseas facilities, improve how FDA regulates medical devices and reverse the threats of patient access to new therapies.”
Click on the picture to watch Senator Enzi’s Opening Statement
“Chairman Harkin and I have worked very hard to make this bill as bipartisan and noncontroversial as possible,”Senator Enzi said. “We tried to avoid controversy because we understand that this bill needs to get done.”
# # #
Senator Enzi’s full remarks can be found here.
- Alexander: We Must Take Deadly, Dangerous Threat of Ebola as Seriously as ISIL [Ranking Member]
- Bipartisan, Bicameral Agreement Reached to Reform Child Care & Development Block Grant Program [Ranking Member]
- Bipartisan, Bicameral Agreement Reached to Reform Child Care & Development Block Grant Program [Chairman]
- Harkin Applauds Senate Passage of Bipartisan HELP Committee Bill to Strengthen Emergency Medical Services for Children [Chairman]
- Senate Passes Legislation Cosponsored by Alexander to Improve Emergency Medical Care for More than 600,000 Tennessee Children Every Year [Ranking Member]
- Alexander: Congress Should Give Tennessee’s 900,000 Working Parents More Flexibility, Not Provide Higher Incomes for Trial Lawyers [Ranking Member]