VIDEO: FDA Reauthorization Bill is “Must Pass” Legislation
Tuesday, May 22, 2012Joe Brenckle 202-224-2465
WASHINGTON, D.C. – During remarks made in support of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) User Fee Reauthorization Bill (S. 3187), Senator Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Ranking Member on the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, said this legislation represents a strong bipartisan approach in making important changes to how FDA does business and is “must pass” legislation.
“I’m so pleased that this bill has gone through the committee. We have a very bipartisan approach on the bill and a very reasonable way to do it,” said Senator Enzi. “This legislation will allow Americans to get better access to safe, innovative medical devices. The bill will also modernize how FDA prioritizes and targets riskier overseas facilities, improve how FDA regulates medical devices and reverse the threats of patient access to new therapies.”
Click on the picture to watch Senator Enzi’s Opening Statement
“Chairman Harkin and I have worked very hard to make this bill as bipartisan and noncontroversial as possible,”Senator Enzi said. “We tried to avoid controversy because we understand that this bill needs to get done.”
# # #
Senator Enzi’s full remarks can be found here.
- Murray, Isakson Urge FDA to Issue Updated Guidance to Pregnant Women on Seafood Consumption [Ranking Member]
- Murray Joins Advocates to Build on Momentum for Expanding Access to Paid Sick Days [Ranking Member]
- #HFAnow: Murray Launches New Tool to Hear Stories on Paid Sick Days [Ranking Member]
- Alexander Says He Will Fight NLRB Attempt to Undermine State Right-to-Work Laws [Chairman]
- Strong Support for Bipartisan Legislative Agreement to “Fix No Child Left Behind” [Chairman]
- BIPARTISAN NCLB FIX PASSES SENATE COMMITTEE: Murray Calls for Continued Bipartisan Work to Move Bill Through Senate, Get Signed into Law [Ranking Member]