Alexander, Murray: Witnesses Representing Doctors, Hospitals, Insurers, Patients, and Insurance Commissioners to Testify at Sept. 14 Hearing on Stabilizing Premiums in the Individual Insurance Market
WASHINGTON, August 31 — Senate health committee Chairman Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) and Ranking Member Patty Murray (D-Wash.) today announced that on September 14 the Senate’s health committee will meet to hear testimony from health care stakeholders representing doctors, hospitals, insurers, patients, and insurance commissioners.
- Manny Sethi M.D., President of Healthy Tennessee, Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon, Nashville, TN
- Susan L Turney MD, MS, FACP, FACMPE, Chief Executive Officer, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Inc., Marshfield, WI
- Robert Ruiz-Moss, Vice President, Individual Market Segment, Anthem Inc.
- Christina Postolowski, Rocky Mountain Regional Director, Young Invincibles, Denver, CO
- Raymond G. Farmer, Director, South Carolina Department of Insurance NAIC Secretary-Treasurer
The hearing on Thursday, September 14th, titled “Stabilizing Premiums and Helping Individuals in the Individual Insurance Market for 2018: Health Care Stakeholders,” will take place in Dirksen 430 at 10 a.m ET.
Alexander and Murray announced earlier this month that the committee would hold a series of hearings in September on stabilizing premiums in the individual insurance market so that the 18 million Americans in the individual market will be able to buy insurance at affordable prices in the year 2018.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Taylor Haulsee, (202) 224-6377
Previous Article Next Article