Murray Praises Incoming Biden Administration For Announcing COVID-19 Advisers; Lays Out COVID-19 Priorities & Continues Call For Serious Relief Package
Murray: “President-elect Biden is showing he takes this crisis seriously and is prepared to do the hard work necessary to keep our country safe and chart a course out of this pandemic.”
Murray: “The virus is now surging, and we face a very tough road ahead, but as I and others have made clear, we know what we need to do to control and ultimately end the pandemic.”
Murray urges Republicans to finally recognize the true scope of the crisis as the virus surges; calls for serious COVID-19 relief for workers, small businesses, families
(Washington, D.C.) – Today, Senator Patty Murray (D-WA), ranking member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee, released the following statement in response to the incoming Biden Administration announcing the members of its COVID-19 Advisory Board. Senator Murray has repeatedly pressed for a more robust response from the federal government to the COVID-19 pandemic, and has put out white papers outlining what is needed regarding COVID-19 testing, and safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines.
“By quickly announcing that this expert panel will advise the President-elect, Vice President-elect, and the transition, President-elect Biden is showing he takes this crisis seriously and is prepared to do the hard work necessary to keep our country safe and chart a course out of this pandemic.
“The virus is now surging, and we face a very tough road ahead, but as I and others have made clear, we know what we need to do to control and ultimately end the pandemic:
- provide clear and science-based information to families and communities about how to keep themselves safe, like wearing masks, washing hands, and physically distancing;
- fix supply chain issues, including so we can steadily provide PPE to all our communities and frontline workers;
- ensure COVID-19 tests are fast, free, accurate, and everywhere;
- develop and implement a comprehensive plan to make sure we get safe, effective, trusted COVID-19 vaccines that are quickly and equitably distributed and administered;
- and address the painful health disparities that make this crisis so much worse in communities of color.
“I am beyond relieved that we’ll have the Biden Administration as a partner. Our work against COVID-19 grows more urgent by the day, and I hope my Republican colleagues will finally recognize the true scope of this crisis and work with us to deliver much-needed, serious relief to our workers, small businesses, and communities.”
Previous Article Next Article