Subcommittee Hearing - Reducing Senior Poverty and Hunger: The Role of the Older Americans Act
Subcommittee on Primary Health and Aging
Wednesday, June 19 2013, 10:00 AM
430 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Witnessesreturn to top
Nancy J. Altman , Co-Director of Social Security Works and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Pension Rights Center, Washington, D.C.
Ellie Hollander , President and Chief Executive Officer of the Meals On Wheels Association of America, Alexandria, VA
Howard Bedlin , Vice President, Public Policy and Advocacy at the National Council on Aging, Washington, D.C.
Paul Downey , President & Chief Executive Officer of Senior Community Centers, and President of the National Association of Nutrition and Aging Services Programs, San Diego, CA
- Senator Harkin's Remarks at the Center for American Progress Action Fund, "How the Federal Contracting System Harms Workers and Taxpayers" [Chairman]
- Harkin Unveils HELP Committee Investigation Revealing Widespread Labor Law Violations Among Major Government Contractors [Chairman]
- Statement of Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) At the HELP Committee Hearing: “Nomination of Dr. David Weil to Serve as Administrator of the Wage and Hour Division, Department of Labor” [Chairman]
- Harkin, 31 Senate Democrats Call to Reauthorize Critical Unemployment Insurance Program [Chairman]
- Harkin: Job Growth is Encouraging, But We Must Still Act to Extend Vital Unemployment Insurance [Chairman]