Chairman Harkin Statement on Senate HELP Committee Approval of Two National Labor Relations Board Nominees
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C.—U.S. Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA), Chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee, released the following statement today after the HELP Committee approved two nominees—Kent Hirozawa and Nancy Schiffer—to serve on the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). The HELP Committee has now approved a full slate of five nominees to the NLRB, having voted to advance three additional nominees this past May.
“Once these five nominations are approved by the Senate, our country will have a fully-confirmed, fully-functional Board for the first time in more than a decade—a huge step forward for workers, businesses, and our economy.
“All five nominees to the NLRB are highly-qualified experts in the field of labor and employment law, and I am confident that all five will serve the Board well. I am hopeful that my Senate colleagues on both sides of the aisle will join me in supporting these nominees when their nominations come before the Senate, so that the Board can continue its important work.”
- Congressional Authors Of E-Cigarette Marketing Report Call New CDC Data “the Sound Of An Alarm” [Chairman]
- Barrasso, Alexander: Americans Deserve to See New, Accurate Obamacare Enrollment Data [Ranking Member]
- Alexander Statement on Obama Administration Announcement on Contraception Mandate [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Murray Announce Release of New GAO Report on Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program [Chairman]
- Senators Release Discussion Draft of Bill to Speed FDA Review of Life-Saving Sunscreen Ingredients [Chairman]
- Senators Release Discussion Draft of Bill to Speed FDA Review of Life-Saving Sunscreen Ingredients [Ranking Member]