Ranking Member's Internships
An internship in the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee under Ranking Member Richard Burr offers a variety of opportunities to learn about some of the most vital issues in congress, the legislative and committee process, and the operations of an office on Capitol Hill. Interns are be tasked with helping support office operations and assisting staff in their policy work. Some of these tasks include:
- attending hearings/briefings and writing summaries
- daily news clips
- research reports on policy and legislative issues
- preparation of hearing and meeting materials
- attending policy meeting with staff
- miscellaneous tasks for office
Qualified candidates should have:
- background knowledge of current policy issues
- a good understanding of the legislative process
- reading, writing, research skills, and attention to detail in formatting and proofreading
- mastery of the basic features of Microsoft Word and Excel, and using online databases
- interpersonal skills and the ability to work on team projects
To apply for an internship with the Republican Staff of the Senate HELP Committee, please complete and submit this form here. Along with the form, please submit your resume, writing sample, and a cover letter in an email as attachments in PDF format to InternshipR@help.senate.gov. The Fall 2022 Program will run Tuesday, September 6 – Friday, December 2. The deadline to apply for the Fall Program is Friday July 1, 2022.
We do not provide confirmation email upon receipt of applications, and only applicants selected for the interview stage will receive a response.
- Internships take place in our Washington, D.C. office. Intern workspaces have been evaluated and cleared by the Office of the Attending Physician for safe use, and PPE will be provided. We do not offer virtual internships.
- Internships are full-time: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm in session. We do not offer part-time internships, however accommodations can be made should an intern need to be excused for a limited number of hours each week.
- Internships are unpaid, and we do not offer any financial compensation or stipend.