Alexander, Murray: 5 State Flexibility Experts to Testify at Sept. 12 Hearing on Stabilizing Premiums in the Individual Insurance Market
WASHINGTON, August 31 — Senate health committee Chairman Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) and Ranking Member Patty Murray (D-Wash.) today announced that on September 12 the Senate’s health committee will meet to hear testimony from health care experts on ways to increase state flexibility in the individual health insurance market.
- Governor Michael O. Leavitt, Former Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Allison Leigh O’Toole, Chief Executive Officer, MNsure, Minneapolis, MN
- Tarren Bragdon, CEO, Foundation for Government Accountability
- Bernard J. Tyson, President and Chief Executive Officer, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and Health Plan, Inc. Pleasanton, CA
- Tammy Tomczyk, FSA, FCA, MAAA, Senior Principal and Consulting Actuary
The hearing on Tuesday, September 12th, titled “Stabilizing Premiums and Helping Individuals in the Individual Insurance Market for 2018: State Flexibility,” will take place in Dirksen 430 at 10 a.m. ET.
Alexander and Murray announced earlier this month that the committee would hold a series of hearings in September on stabilizing premiums in the individual insurance market so that the 18 million Americans in the individual market will be able to buy insurance at affordable prices in the year 2018.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Taylor Haulsee, (202) 224-6377
Previous Article Next Article