Welcome to the Labor Policy section of the HELP Committee website. The HELP Committee jurisdiction encompasses most federal labor and employment laws, including those that regulate wages and hours of employment, enforce mining and workplace health and safety, combat employment-based discrimination, and regulate union / management relations. The Committee also monitors workforce and employment trends, and assists in tailoring federal law and regulation to changing patterns in the workplace. This website contains information on Committee hearings and markups, and provides access to Committee hearing testimony. It also contains links to all federal agencies that are charged with enforcing federal labor and employment laws. We hope you find this website helpful.
Most Recent Hearings on Labor
Coal Miners’ Struggle for Justice: How Unethical Legal and Medical Practices Stack the Deck Against Black Lung Claimants
Workers’ Memorial Day: Are Existing Private Sector Whistleblower Protections Adequate To Ensure Safe Workplaces?
- Harkin Convenes Hearing on Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities [Chairman]
- Statement of Chairman Tom Harkin (D-IA) [Chairman]
- HELP Committee to Examine Retirement Security in America [Chairman]
- Enzi: Workplace Safety Should Be Our Priority, Not Election Cycle Politics [Ranking Member]
- Enzi: National Mediation Board Rule Reverses 75 Years Of Labor Policy to Benefit Unions Instead of Workers [Ranking Member]