Enzi Praises Burr for Leadership on Pandemic and Bioterror Attacks Legislation
Friday, March 09, 2012Joe Brenckle 202-224-2465
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Senator Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Ranking Member on the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, today praised Senator Richard Burr (R-N.C.) for his leadership on bipartisan legislation that would reauthorize and enhance medical and public health programs vital to our nation’s ability to prepare for and respond to pandemics and bioterror attacks. The bill, S. 1855 - the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act (PAHPA) Reauthorization of 2011, passed the Senate unanimously this week.
“I would like to congratulate Senator Burr for his hard work and leadership on this important issue. Senator Burr has been the driving force on this bipartisan legislation and he knows more about this topic than anyone. It is thanks to him that it was passed unanimously by the Senate,” said Senator Enzi. “This bill is also a good example of how important it is to have legislation move through the committee process. By involving senators from both sides of the aisle, legislators are able to make important contributions to the final product which everyone can agree upon.”
The legislation is sponsored by Senator Burr and cosponsored by Senators Enzi, Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) and Bob Casey (D-Pa.), Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), Joe Liebermann (I-Conn.), Susan Collins (R-Maine), Kay Hagan (D-N.C.), Pat Roberts (R-Kan.), and Michael Bennet (D-Colo.).
Read more about the legislation here.
# # #
- Harkin: Today’s Enrollment Numbers Show the Affordable Care Act is Working [Chairman]
- Alexander, Thune, Hatch Urge Census Bureau to Keep Questions on Uninsured in Order to Understand Impact of Obamacare [Ranking Member]
- Alexander Statement on Administration Changes to Health Insurance Questions in Census Bureau’s Annual Survey [Ranking Member]
- Harkin, Durbin, Waxman, Rockefeller & Members of Congress: Report Shows E-Cigarette Marketing Campaigns Lighting Up Among Young Users [Chairman]
- Alexander, Burr: Unionization is No Solution for College Athletes [Ranking Member]
- Harkin Statement on the Resignation of Secretary Kathleen Sebelius [Chairman]