Enzi Praises Burr for Leadership on Pandemic and Bioterror Attacks Legislation
Friday, March 09, 2012Joe Brenckle 202-224-2465
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Senator Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Ranking Member on the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, today praised Senator Richard Burr (R-N.C.) for his leadership on bipartisan legislation that would reauthorize and enhance medical and public health programs vital to our nation’s ability to prepare for and respond to pandemics and bioterror attacks. The bill, S. 1855 - the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act (PAHPA) Reauthorization of 2011, passed the Senate unanimously this week.
“I would like to congratulate Senator Burr for his hard work and leadership on this important issue. Senator Burr has been the driving force on this bipartisan legislation and he knows more about this topic than anyone. It is thanks to him that it was passed unanimously by the Senate,” said Senator Enzi. “This bill is also a good example of how important it is to have legislation move through the committee process. By involving senators from both sides of the aisle, legislators are able to make important contributions to the final product which everyone can agree upon.”
The legislation is sponsored by Senator Burr and cosponsored by Senators Enzi, Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) and Bob Casey (D-Pa.), Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), Joe Liebermann (I-Conn.), Susan Collins (R-Maine), Kay Hagan (D-N.C.), Pat Roberts (R-Kan.), and Michael Bennet (D-Colo.).
Read more about the legislation here.
# # #
- Alexander Statement on GAO Report on Healthcare.gov Security Weaknesses [Ranking Member]
- Alexander Tells Administration Health Officials: “We Must Take Deadly Threat of Ebola as Seriously as We Take ISIS” [Ranking Member]
- Statement of Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) In Dual Role as Chair, Harkin will lead a Joint Hearing of the Senate HELP Committee and LHHS Appropriations Subcommittee: [Chairman]
- McConnell, Alexander Introduce Bill to Turn National Labor Relations Board from Advocate to Umpire [Ranking Member]
- Alexander: We Must Take Deadly, Dangerous Threat of Ebola as Seriously as ISIL [Ranking Member]
- Bipartisan, Bicameral Agreement Reached to Reform Child Care & Development Block Grant Program [Ranking Member]