Welcome to the Health Policy section of the HELP Committee website. The HELP Committee jurisdiction encompasses most of the agencies, institutes, and programs of the Department of Health and Human Services, including the Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institutes of Health, the Administration on Aging, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. The Committee also oversees public health and health insurance statutes to address emerging threats and changing patterns in the healthcare industry. This website contains information on Committee legislation, hearings and markups, and provides access to Committee hearing testimony. It also contains links to all federal agencies that are charged with enforcing federal laws related to health care. We hope you find this website helpful.
Most Recent Hearings on Health
Continuing America’s Leadership: The Future of Medical Innovation for Patients
Continuing America’s Leadership: Advancing Research and Development for Patients
Medical and Public Health Preparedness and Response: Are We Ready for Future Threats?
The Reemergence of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases: Exploring the Public Health Successes and Challenges
- Chairman Harkin and Ranking Member Enzi Release HELP Drafts for Stakeholder Discussion [Chairman]
- Harkin Praises HHS for Commitment to Prevention and Wellness [Chairman]
- Enzi Supports Repeal of Health Law and 1099 Tax Burden [Ranking Member]
- Floor Statement by Chairman Harkin on the Consequences of Repealing Health Reform [Chairman]
- Federal Judge Strikes Down Healthcare Law [Ranking Member]