Welcome to the United States Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) education homepage. The evolving global economy and the need for a highly skilled workforce create new challenges for American workers. The HELP Committee is ensuring our country’s workforce is prepared to meet the challenges of the 21st Century through a lifetime of learning for our citizens. We have jurisdiction over various issues related to education and workforce development, including Head Start, the No Child Left Behind Act, Higher Education, the Arts and Humanities, Student Financial Assistance, Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Job and Vocational Training and the Workforce Investment Act. This website contains information on Committee legislation, hearings and markups, and provides access to Committee hearing testimony. Please visit our page regularly for all of the latest news on these issues and feel free to browse some of the important links below for more information.
Most Recent Hearings on Education
- Harkin Calls on For-Profit Colleges to End Deceptive Recruiting Practices [Chairman]
- Chairman Harkin and Ranking Member Enzi Echo President Obama’s Call for Education Reform [Chairman]
- Undercover recordings of visits by GAO agents to for-profit schools [Chairman]
- HELP Committee Advances Pending Bills and Nominations [Chairman]
- Statement of Chairman Tom Harkin (D-IA) [Chairman]